A standard Apprenticeship consists of a Level 2 NVQ. An advanced Apprenticeship consistes of a Level 3 NVQ. Both standard and advanced Apprenticeships are complemented with a range of other skills training.
The London School of Economics have produced the following guide to demonstrate the academic equivalent of each NVQ level:
- NVQ 1: 3 or 4 GCSEs grades D-E, BTEC first certificate, Foundation GNVQ.
- NVQ 2: 5 GCSEs at grades A*–C, BTEC first diploma.
- NVQ 3: 2 or more A' levels, BTEC Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- NVQ 4: BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND)
- NVQ 5: National Qualifications Framework Level 7 to 8
In addition, the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority provides the following equivalence levels:
- NVQ 4: Certificates of Higher Education, one year of full-time study at university
- NVQ 5: Masters degree
For more details call 0845 330 8184.
“The help and support that you have given me has proved invaluable for my current role. The course has given me the skills that I needed to fulfill my role and my self-confidence has improved 100%. ”
Deputy Practice Manager, West Rainton Surgery