Apprenticeships and NVQs are really valuable qualifications.
In a recent survey, Employers in England rated qualified Apprentices 15% more employable than those with other qualifications and rated Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeships as more valuable than A' Levels.
Here are the top six qualifications employers value the most.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- University degree
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Level 3 vocational qualification
Source: ICM Research 2013
The London School of Economics have produced the following guide to demonstrate the academic equivalent of each Apprenticeship and NVQ level:
- Traineeship / NVQ 1 Equivalent to 3 or 4 GCSEs grades D-E
- Intermediate Apprenticeship / NVQ 2 Equivalent to 5 GCSEs at grades A*–C
- Advanced Apprenticeship / NVQ 3 Equivalent to 2 or more A' levels
- Higher Apprenticeship / NVQ 4 Equivalent to foundation degree, HNC, HND
- Higher Apprenticeship / NVQ 5 Equivalent to degree, NQF Level 7 to 8
“Employers in England rate qualified Apprentices 15% more employable than those with other qualifications.”
BBC and ICM Research