Once you have begun to pay the levy you can start spending your levy allowance on apprenticeships for new or existing staff.
But that’s not all...
In addition to the amount you pay into the levy, the government will pay an extra 10% for you.
That means for every £1 you pay into the levy, you get £1.10 to spend on apprenticeships.
Spending your levy payments is done through a new Digital Apprenticeship Service Account.
You can create a new Digital Apprenticeship Service Account, or access an existing one, here https://manage-apprenticeships.service.gov.uk
Your Service Account allows you to:
- select the apprenticeship qualifications your staff will take
- choose the best apprenticeship training provider
- have the apprenticeship training delivered
- manage payments for apprenticeship training
- check the balance you have to spend on apprenticeships
NEXT: Risks and Rewards >